I'm in a rut.... this is my day everyday almost exactly.... I get up, put my contacts in, go downstairs and feed the dogs then let them outside. I then start to make my lunch for the day, maybe fold some laundry, go upstairs and brush my teeth then wash my face and get dressed. All the while trying to be quiet because Matt is still sleeping. Although the dogs have since bombarded him with kisses waking him up. So after i've gotten dressed I go into my bathroom and put my makeup on and do my hair. The dogs go back down to their cage to bury themselves back in their cage because they are going back to bed to sleep for another 2 or 3 hours. Back downstairs I go to finish making my lunch, warm up the car, then make myself a fiber shake for breakfast. Out the door I go. Going into work I think "man I am so tired! I definitely need to go to bed early tonight!" (which I never do) So then I'm at work from about 7:30/7:45 until 4/4:15. I then go home feed the dogs (if matt hasn't done it already) then get some kind of little snack to tide me over until dinner then change into my workout clothes and go downstairs to get on the treadmill. Sometimes I just go straight to the gym to work out there if Matt isn't away on a business trip. After I do my workout I go upstairs where Matt is usually making dinner (or just sitting on the couch) then we eat and that's that. I clean the house a little bit, take a shower and we watch t.v. or read a book, then go to bed.
Now I would imagine most people's lives are much the same and I'm no exception that's for sure. I just want to look forward to something. Yes, I look forward to seeing my husband at the end of the day. I mean something like a vacation or long weekend away from Ohio or a project I'm working on at home. That's what I need... a project. Matt usually gets scared when I say things like that because it usually means I'm going to change something in the house like paint the dining room or something. I don't want to scrapbook or do something on the computer. (I spend all day on the computer at work!) I need something physical that I can get a work out and do something productive. Hmmm I'll have to think about that.....
So there, I'm bored with myself right now but that's something everyone goes through I guess. What do you do?
3 comments:
I usually end up shopping... sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing... ;) Why don't we plan a weekend trip to Chicago or to a winery in Geneva or something? Something fairly close, affordable, and it'll give us both something to look forward to.
Hey babe! I like Kat's comment about a girls vac. I sometimes feel in a rut too. School keeps me busy, even though I hate it, I am def not bored!!! We also started puppy training classes once a week that are really fun and good for the dog too! We got rollerblades so we can Rollerblade with Kona when its nice out. Winter just sucks though! I love you!
Hey Jme
Why dont you volunteer somewhere. Youd be amazed (if you dont already know) how great you feel about yourself at the end of the day. I volunteer at a battered womens shelter and big brothers big sisters in the moms program. helping out young mothers. big brothers needs so many people to help, kids are on waiting lists for months and months and they feel like no one wants them, not that there is no one available.
Post a Comment