Family is the best!! My Dad actually did WAY more than he should've. The man just had surgery on his right hand due to carpel tunnel and he was carrying way too much... I really hope he didn't damage something. These past few weeks I thought I was going to be really sad leaving our first house but actually I wasn't! I think some of it had to do that my (our) feelings were a little bruised when some friends that said they would help didn't show up (or showed up to help our neighbors but didn't stop by to help us out when they said they would...) but no big deal really... we were able to get it all done. So I took one last look at our house and away we went...
Our new house is wonderful! I love it love it love it. There were certain quirks about the house that I thought we would have to work around for a while before we were able to remedy them but we were actually able to get started on some things. Again - SO very thankful to everyone that helped!!! Here are a couple of pictures of the new pad.... the living room is somewhat put together - livable, the kitchen still needs tidying up but overall it's wonderful!! We were even able to make dinner last night and eat in our new dining room! I love it!
I'm so thankful and happy to be where we are today. I can't wait for it to start being nice out permanently so I can do some landscaping! Every house in the neighbor is so beautiful and their landscaping is just gorgeous!
I did come across a rare find in our backyard - at least it was rare for me. My step mom Angie pointed out that we had a certain kind of flower called a 'bleeding heart.' Now I don't know my plants or shrubs or anything like that... as long as it's pretty I love it. So I thought these things were the coolest thing ever! I think they are only in bloom for a couple of weeks so I just had to capture them on film. I had to show everyone that came over.... they're so neat! Ok, I know, it takes little to impress me... haha! Along with the 'bleeding hearts' we have an array of ferns, hostas, lilacs... and I can't remember what else. How exciting!
So in addition to moving into our new house we totally broke our buy nothing challenge. I mean seriously broke it, fell off the band wagon, got in the cookie jar and stole about 100 cookies... Bless me Father for I have sinned.... We ended up getting the patio furniture set we've been eyeing at World Market for over a month now. Not only that but I also went back and got this fabulous rug there (which I can't find on their website) that we put in our living room. Now I know this is no excuse but the only reason we got the items now is that they were having their 'friends and family' discount this past weekend so they had a TON of things on sale plus we got an additional 25% off. I love love love that store. So we got all of that fun stuff but we also had to get a new electric fence for our two kids - Bruiser and Cricket. We had an electric fence at our old house and I was able to find one at Petsmart for a pretty reasonable price. Plus I also got a ultrasonic bark control device that is supposed to help make them stop barking. Our little Bruiser is quite the barker. Cricket can also be very vocal sometimes. It omits a high pitch sound when the dog starts barking which is supposed to urge them to stop. We'll see if it actually works.... They are also just getting used to the new place so it will obviously take a while for them to get adjusted. Just like us! They are probably so confused! Poor pups, I do feel bad for them though.
So that's about it for now!! This next week we'll just be busy finding places to put things, hopefully Matt can get out washer and dryer hooked up soon, and then finally we'll be packing for our trip to North Carolina!! I'm very excited to be going on vacation in just one week. I do love the beach!
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! Your home looks beautiful and it's great to hear everything went smoothly...except those people not helping. SIGH. You'll have that. Well, more pictures, please! :)
Wow- you guys are so busy!! Just got into the new house and heading out to NC soon! That'd be overwhelming for me! Well- I'm glad that you love the new pad! keep posting on all the cute decorating ideas you have and do!
Post a Comment