Thursday, July 31, 2008

So not really much to report. We've been taking a break from projects since the deck. Matt ran off to Texas yesterday for work... he'll be gone until Tuesday. boo. So I'm just going to make the most of it by going out with friends and perhaps start a new project. I'm going to paint one of the spare bedroom's and redo the bed in there. The bed is currently just your typical wood bed and I'm going to paint it white and make it look 'antiquish' ...I'll take some pictures along the way. Hopefully it will come out the way I envision.

Today is one of my favorite person's birthday... Nikki! Happy birthday Nikki! She's turning the ripe old age of 28. We're getting together tomorrow to go to dinner and celebrate. I'm looking forward to it. I love birthday celebrations!

On a personal note I'm trying to get myself back into running. I've been on a hiatus since we started the deck project and haven't been good at making time for it. This week I've ran about 6.5 miles... whohoo! Let's see if I can add on to that this evening. Matt and I are going on a bike trip middle of August. Matt and I have been taking longer and longer bike rides to get used to the miles. It's a 38, 45, and 65 mile tour (yowza!) of LaGrange, Ohio. Not that I know where that is or anything but, hey it's a good reason to get in shape right? Plus they have a couple of wineries you can stop at along the way and then a huge feast at the end... At least we're going with our friend's Shawn and Meredith so if it sucks we won't be the only ones stuck there! :)

Matt and I are trying to find a cheap place to get away to for a long weekend... any suggestions?

I'm so excited for Gallery Hop this weekend!

Don't these look yummy?

I might have to make some before Summer ends....

Speaking of Summer, we have ripe tomatoes on our plants! yay! I've honestly never had a garden before, not that I consider a couple of tomato plants a garden but still... the fact that they've actually survived and I can enjoy the goodies I'm quite pleased. :)

So that's about all that's going on here for the moment... just wanted to update. Carry on as you were!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally looking forward to this weekend too... wheee!!!