Then my wonderful friend Bobbi suggested volunteering. What a wonderful idea! (thank you Bobbi!!) I've always loved volunteering on Thanksgiving and preparing meals for the people in the community. Plus it makes you feel good about yourself at the end of the day. (now if only I could combine the two - exercising and volunteering, hmmm) So I started to research it a little bit. I ended up on the
Along with signing up to volunteer I've decided to check out the glorious state of Ohio. (haha! so funny) But seriously... has anyone been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland? Or Amish Country in Millersburg? Or how about any of the incredible art museums in Columbus, Toledo, or Cincinnati? The huge aquarium in Cincy? No? Well neither have I (except for the art museum in Columbus). So I'm going to see them or at least try to see most of them anyway.... starting with the Cleveland Museum of Art (and quite possibly the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the same weekend). My dear friend kathy put a bug in my ear so to speak, that the two of us should just go up there ourselves and see them. Matt pretty much as no interest in seeing the art museum which I don't blame him, it's not his thing, so that's fine. So kat and I are going up and staying at a Hilton (for a really cheap price!!) in downtown Cleveland and seeing the sights! I've been to Cleveland several times but not really just because. It was always to visit a friend or to a certain event or whatever. This time we get to do whatever the heck we girls want to do. I can't wait to go!! Yay for girls weekends!
So all in all life is looking onward and upward..... and I'm loving every minute of it. :)
5 comments:
Hey J,
Mike turned me on to your blog--I think its great! I used to have something similar in DC when all my single gals had funny stories to share! LOL Anyway, my gym has a bunch of free classes and Mike won't go with me--maybe you could join me sometime. I think I can get a free 3 day guest pass. :)
i'm so freaking excited about Cleveland... Peeeeeese OUT C-Bus!!!
Hey babe...
Just to clear up the record, I do really like art - you just didn't invite me :)
Thanks everyone for writing. :)
Andrea, I would love to go to a work out class with you! Tell me when and where!
Matt, I'm so sorry I didn't invite you. I didn't mean to make it sound so negative. :(
Jamie, I'm kinda in the fitness career and I had a short stint of working as a personal trainer... I just want to warn you that the hours that come with that, ESPECIALLY when you're just starting out, are 4-6am, big break, lunch time, big break and then start back up again from 5pm to late! That really chased me off because you're most busy when everyone you want to hang out with is free. And about the touring Ohio thing... Sounds fun! I've been to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame- very cool place. I love Cleveland- it's a very fun city! If you girls are into the night life at all, West 6th is where you should go or if you like a more chill atmosphere, then try Lakewood. Anyway, Have a great time!
Post a Comment