Friday, January 11, 2008
worst morning ever...
I just have to share my worst morning ever story because it was just so crazy... but it ends good...
So this morning I let the dogs out after feeding them. It's about 8:15, I'm supposed to be at Dr's appt at 9:15. I go to the kitchen to make a quick cup of coffee before I start to get ready. I go to the back door to call the dogs to come inside. No dogs come running. I can't find them anywhere... yes they've run away. Mind you this is the THIRD time they've done this. I start to panic a little but am optimistic because they've done this before and Matt has always found them so I get in my car and start driving with the windows down calling Bruiser's name. He's usually the leader of the pack. I can't find them anywhere. It's now 9:30, I'm definitely late for my appt. I call Kathy on my cell and I'm hysterical she looks up the Dr's phone number for me (bless her heart) and I call them and tell them I can't find my dogs and I need to reschedule. (all the while crying my eyes out) I call my boss and tell her what's going on and she's trying to console me and tell me to take as much time as I need and keep looking for them. I call our neighbor Beth (she is home on maternity leave) and leave a message for her to keep an eye out for them. I keep looking, no dogs.... Finally I return home after looking for them for over an hour and a half to see if maybe by chance someone has stopped them and bothered to look at their collar to call our home number. There's a message! Someone who lives off of Roberts Rd said she has them both and to call her as soon as possible. I call and she has them in her car. She is at an urgent care off of Roberts Rd about 2 miles from our house. I jump in the car and race over. I find her car and both dogs are locked inside. (thank god.) I walk inside the urgent care (still in my jammies and flip-flops mind you) and tell the lady behind the desk "my dogs are in someone's car outside, I've been looking all over for them and someone called and told me to come here to get them." She then begins to ask everyone back in the waiting rooms if they own the car with the dogs inside. Finally a lady comes out. We go outside to get the dogs. Unfortunately their little stomachs were so upset from their great adventure they have thrown up all over the inside of the car... all over the drivers seat and the back seat. Oh. My. God. I am so embarrassed. Her car is also a rental car and she must return it today. Seriously?! I tell her to leave the doors unlocked I'll go home and get some cleaning supplies and be back to clean it up. I race home and put the dogs in their cage and race back to clean her car. Bless her for leaving me a little note on the driver's seat just saying she's glad the dogs are safe and have found their owner. After cleaning the car I leave her a little note thanking her for her kindness and generosity. I go home take a shower (in the middle of all of this Kathy has put the APB out to a couple of people about my drama and they have also called me to see if I've found them.) and notify all parties that I've called (and that Kathy has called) and let them know the dogs are safe.....now it's only 1:00, I'm exhausted, and I am finally at work. Can I just start this day over?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hugs for you sweetie... see you soon!
i am loving this little site you've created!! so cute. hope that the rest of your afternoon was a good one... i can't wait to see you guys tonight at surly girl! first round of drinks on us!! love ya girlie.
Post a Comment