Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How much do you want this house?

These last few days have been filled with stress, worry, excitement, exhaustion, and anxiety (all on my part) between getting our current home ready for sale, having our first showing on it in less than 3 days on the market, finding out I have to go to Wisconsin for work in less than a week, which then leads to finding a 'babysitter' for our dogs because Matt will also be out of town the same week for business, and then our home inspection was yesterday to top it all off. It (the inspection) was less than desirable let me just say. Our "new" house is old - built in the 60's and needs some work.... now. So how much do we want this house? - basically is the question. Do we tell the current homeowner the state of their pending sale and explain that the condition the house is in is enough to make us retract our bid? Matt and I both feel they won't budge. They know they have a great house per se in a great neighborhood and it's all about location.... But can we really afford to put this kind of money into a house within the next year? In the meantime we would have already had to increase our monthly mortgage rate and taxes.

I also feel a little deflated after learning last night that the same people that went through our house last night went through our neighbor's house immediately afterwards..... and bought it. They're going to accept the offer. Their house was on the market less than one week! Talk about fast.

I just don't even know what to think. Matt seems totally crestfallen about this house. He knows I love this house and I think he loves it too but I don't want to make him feel like we need to buy it so I will be happy when inside he's about to burst from all of the pressure he's under. I don't want to do that to him or us. Maybe it was fate saying something when I totally wiped out in the driveway of the new house. It was icy out and I was wearing high-healed boots while trying to carry Bruiser, our dog, when I did a face plant into the driveway and injured my elbow. Now that was embarrassing.

I'm sure everything will work out in the end.... but right now I'm not so sure about anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, guys... DON'T do anything you don't feel comfortable with. If you decide that this isn't the right time, there will be another house in another GREAT location that will be better for you. Don't lose hope yet. I am thinking of you and praying for you guys. Love you both!!!

Cheyenne and John said...

How's the house drama going?