Thursday, March 6, 2008

busy busy!

This past week has been a BUSY one!!! OMG I don't even know where to begin! So I left off with us having had the home inspection and not being sure where the heck we stood with everything. We went to Pittsburgh for the weekend to visit Matt's brother Ben and his wife Tanya in Pittsburgh and in the amount of time we were gone we had 3 showings and an open house which resulted in us getting an offer on our house!! After a few counter offers back and forth we are going to accept it! yay! I am completely in shock that we were actually able to sell our house in just a week! WOW. How exciting!

As far as the house we are buying - we sent the seller's a copy of the home inspection results and told them we wanted to reduce our offer due to the cost to fix the items that need tending to. They hired their own inspector to check things out and basically they are going to give us some money back.... it's not the total amount we wished for but it's a compromise. I'm just thankful for that!

Also this past week I was in Wisconsin for work and it was basically the buiness trip from hell. Our flight was cancelled on the way out there and we were re-routed to Detroit (after waiting in the airport for 6 hours first) then that flight was delayed getting into Madison. When we got to Madison one lady's (in our group) luggage got lost and she didn't get it for 2 days! We were only there for 3! When we got to the training on Tuesday morning we discovered we were SO FAR BEHIND where everyone else was. We were walking in to class 5 before taking class 1-4 basically is what happened... but we had NO IDEA. It was totally embarrassing and we felt like idiots. Anyway so it's time to go home and we get to the airport only to discover our flight has been cancelled AGAIN! I swear never fly Continental Airlines if you don't have to.... it was ridiculous. So we were trapped in the airport again for 4 hours. So I ended up getting home really late last night. Oh but of course I still had to go to work today. :)

Anyway so that's been my week so far. Matt's in Wisconsin as well and will be returning home this evening. Hopefully he doesn't have the trouble I did. I can't wait to go home and hang out with my hubby and my dogs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing!!! Happy news about your house though. Exciting stuff!!