Tuesday, February 19, 2008

mind-numbing worries...

My heart is in my throat. I am so freaking nervous about this house stuff I feel like I'm as jittery as a coke addict. (I'm not on coke people) Matt and I have been trying to stay positive and optimistic and I am still - positive. We should have a counter offer any minute now about the house... I'm guessing they'll counter, what person wouldn't? I don't remember being this anxious about everything the last time we bought a house, but then again we didn't have a house to SELL either. To make matters a little bit harder than they are our neighbors (directly beside us) are buying a new house and will be putting theirs on the market soon. What timing. So that means there will be two houses side by side up for sale.... if we get this house. I would think that would make things tougher but maybe not? Plus there's also a house a few doors down that's for sale. Good Lord! There goes my mind again.... is our house "better" than their's? Have we done all that we can to sell it? Well obviously not or we'd probably be broke. But I did paint the upstairs hallway and stairwell this past weekend and Matt did a good job cleaning out our paper- cluttered office. But will it matter that the upstairs carpet hasn't been replaced since the house was built? Or the fact we have no backyard privacy what-so-ever? What if people are allergic to our dogs and have an "attack" as soon as they walk in the door? ...and so on and so on.... I realize this is probably all for nothing and it's really kind of selfish of me considering there are more important things in life than to worry about this but unfortunately this is weighing on my little brain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you're jittery, woman!! I would be too. Keep your fingers crossed - everything will work out the way it should. I'm excited for this time in your life.