Thursday, February 14, 2008

Anticipation

Matt and I have been looking at houses for a long time now (very casually nothing serious) and I think we've found the one we want.... It's located in Worthington, has 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms, hardwood floors through the entire house, a beautiful fireplace with built in shelves surrounding it.... I could go on and on. There are a few slight downfalls to this house such as it needs new windows, the bathrooms are kind of small (can't get that whirlpool tub after all!), and the kitchen appliances need updating but other than that it's perfect. It's seconds - literally seconds - away from the gorgeous Olentangy trail that runs along the Olentangy River where Matt and I go often to take bike rides, it's within walking distance from downtown olde Worthington - which we both LOVE - and it's centrally located so it's easy to get to the east side or the west side.

So the scoop is we went to look at this house and a different house as well to view other options. We just love this house.... the other home was just oddly spaced and had an over abundance of cabinets (it was very weird). We talked it over with Mike (our realtor and very good friend) and we went over what we would offer on the house based on what it needs done - new windows, new appliances, etc - plus we also need to sell our current house, which I am super stressed about just because I've never sold a house before. I just fear that other people will come in and think "why the heck did they paint the walls this color?" or don't like the general lay out of the house.... who knows! But it worries me none the less. At least I've already started to de-clutter my house so it shouldn't take much to get our house "sell ready." So we've given him our options and he's going to do the talking today. I hope he comes back to us with good news. I'm nervous with anticipation and excitement there's no way I'm going to be able to work today!!! ha! I just really hope this works out because I know we would be SO happy in this house. If you'd like to see the house send me a message or comment and I'll email it to you. Otherwise I'll update when I know what's going on! :)

Oh and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit girl... I had no idea you were that close to it! Send me the link again!!! Love you! Happy Valentine's Day!!