Wednesday, March 12, 2008
I am getting on my last nerve. That's right myself... getting on my nerves. I can't seem to trust my own decisions anymore, or at least lately. I am at my wits end with everything. I can't focus or concentrate when I'm at work. I'll start something then find myself checking my email for the 4th time that hour.
My dog Bruiser is driving.me.crazy. I about killed him tonight he was getting on my nerves so bad! I need a dog whisperer to make him stop barking. My husband thinks I'm psycho and that very well may be true but seriously he is just driving me crazy. Today- he barked constantly... a neighbor walking by... a random sound coming from the house.... a leaf blowing across the yard... the doorbell.... the sound of a doorbell on the TV...whatever. I don't know what to do to make him stop! I've punished him, I've yelled, screamed (I know that does no good), I've made him lay on his side until I tell him he's allowed to get up, I've sprayed him with a squirt bottle, I've locked him in his cage... nothing I do will make him stop! I feel SO BAD when I yell at him but seriously if he continues to bark like he did today I'm going to leave the house and never come back. I know dogs need exercise to help calm them and make them less hyper and we're really bad about that... especially in the winter. I need suggestions, comments, advice... I need help!
Another thing - I am constantly rethinking things. Like today (this was SUCH a great day) our neighbor's had someone over doing some maintenance on their house and whatnot and the contractor guy was out in their lawn (Bruiser was barking his head off!) and he offered to fix our siding since a little bit was coming off. Now this siding has been like this for the almost 6 years we've lived here and it's been no big deal but since we've got the home inspection tomorrow we know that will be brought up amongst a million other things we are anticipating. So anyway he offered to fix it for us for $50. Ok now you're probably thinking 'hell yeah you can do it for 50 bucks!' but me? no. In my mind I'm thinking 'well the inspector is coming tomorrow and he'll probably have a crap load of other things for us to fix so I'm going to say no because that's 50 bucks we can use for other supplies to fix the house in other ways and we can probably borrow a tall ladder from someone to fix that siding...' blah blah blah.... So then later tonight Matt calls me and says ' oh man we missed out on a great deal, the neighbor's had a contractor over to their house and offered to fix ours for only 50 bucks!' greeeeeeeeaaaaat. Now I feel like a complete idiot for passing on 'a great deal'. damnit. I tell him my reasoning for my 'executive decision' but since then I can't help but feeling I've made a huge mistake!!!!! I mean $50, that's nothing in the whole scheme of things! :( I would so suck as president... I can't even make a decision about spending $50 to repair siding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have complete faith in your decision-making capability and will stand behind you. I agree that we may very well have other things to fix, and you did a good job of planning ahead. I love you incredibly!
You poor thing - you are stressing yourself out so much these days. I think you need a good massage!!! And a lot of chocolate. ;)
and beer!! :) it will be ok!!
Post a Comment