This week has been a trying one so far. My car has always been the reliable one. (knock on wood) We've never had any problems with it, it's a nice ride and pretty comfortable. Matt's CRV has been giving us some minor issues here and there.... engine light won't turn off because it needs a new idle - causing it to stall our numerous times, the muffler has needed fixed a couple of times, the steering wheel makes funny noises when you turn, we had to replace the stereo in it - the CD player broke, you know just little crazy things.
So Tuesday night my 'check engine soon' light comes on out of nowhere. This is also the car we took to North Carolina so I'm not sure if something happened during that time or what. So I'm not sure what's wrong with the darn thing. Then Matt calls me yesterday afternoon in a fit of fury because his car won't go in reverse!! He's all the way in Fort Wayne Indiana too! The transmission is just about done... everytime he tries to put it in reverse it makes this HUGE grinding sound that even I can hear through the phone. I'm completely helpless while he's stuck in a parking lot at a customer's site trying to push the car back so he can put it in 'drive' and come home. I'm thinking, ok I'll just drive to Fort Wayne and pick him up. There's no way we could afford to call AAA to have them tow the car and him all the way back to Ohio. So he's getting extremely frustrated, gets back in the car and all of a sudden his car goes into reverse. omg, it's a freaking miracle. No stopping now! He puts it in 'drive' and speeds away. We have to get a new car - today.
After work I go home - engine light's still on! - and start looking up cars on the internet to try and find one that would be in our price range and that we would happy with. Matt gets home shortly after 6... I couldn't believe he actually made it!! Grab a quick dinner and out the door we go to Ricart Auto Mall. We bought my car from Ricart so we thought they would have a good selection and would be open late. We get there around 7:30. We walked around for probably 30-40 minutes trying to find some cars to test drive. We settled on a Toyota Camry and a Nissan Altima. Both cars were great - comfortable, nice interior, sun roof (added bonus), good mileage... it all came down to pricing. Matt liked the Camry a little more than the Altima but the Altima had 20,000 less miles on it and was - honestly - sportier and nicer looking. So the car dealer's do their thing and we finally settle on the Altima. Finance the car, write a check, temporary tags, and away we go!! We are now the proud owners of a 2006 black Nissan Altima.
We get home and Matt tells me he has buyers remorse.... we should've gotten the Camry. I'm just going to pretend he didn't just say that. Oh and did I mention they offered to give us $100 for the CRV? Ha! Hilarious... thanks but no thanks.
Overall I'm glad we did end up getting the car, I just wish we weren't in such a big rush. At least it's over and done with and we now have a dependable car. Oh and of course my engine light is still on. frick!
2 comments:
It's a pretty little car though!!! :)
I hate car problems. We got a newer car last May (it only had like 35000 miles on it) and we have had problem after problem. And it's a honda for crying out loud. Anyways, glad everything is fixed and you got some new wheels =)
Post a Comment