Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Is it necessacy to blog? Not really. Do I find it enjoyable? Yeah - I guess I do? Do people read what I put down? I hope so but how would I know? Onward I continue....

Life is busy.... bu-sy. I feel like things should be slowing down anytime now but I just can't stop making plans! Ah social butterfly I am. ha! So this past weekend we took a road trip down to Russell Springs Kentucky. Yee Haw! just kidding. Matt's step-sister Christina got married on Saturday. The wedding was nice, short and sweet. Very short indeed. I think the reception lasted a whole hour. tops. I mean to each his own but I (along with everyone else at the table) were expecting something along the lines of a father/daughter, mother/son dance... a garter and bouquet toss... some dancing.... and at the very least the actual first annoucement of the happy couple! Nope, there was none of that. I guess I'm just used to tradition because there was nothing of that nature. And actually we didn't even get to say goodbye to the bride and groom because they just sort of disappeared. I kind of felt bad about it since we drove all that way and then didn't even get to wish them a happy honeymoon but what are ya going to do? Anyway one really great part of the weekend was that we finally got to meet our new neice Lauren! She is the sweetest little baby!!! It's going to be such a long time before we can see her again. :(

After the reception we drove up to Lexington to spend the night with Renee - Matt's cousin, and also visit his aunt and uncle. We had so much fun! Renee is as sweet as can be. We met up with some of her friends at a bar downtown and just enjoyed each other's company.... well Matt Renee and I enjoyed each other's company I should say. Ben (Matt's brother) and Tanya (Ben's wife)... not so much. I won't go into the details but let's just say I hope they get over their jealousy issues....

Sunday was pretty much lost to traveling back to Columbus but Sunday evening I finally got to see the Sex and the City movie!!! It was AWE-SOME. The girls and I had SO much fun. Meredith got me the first season of SATC on DVD for my birthday and it had a free ticket in there to see the movie so I may just have to go back! yay!! I can't wait to collect them all!!

Monday was my beloved birthday. You know it's really not fun turning another year older after you hit 21. I mean seriously, I feel like I have so much to do before I turn 30 and it's just around the corner! Sorry - No offense to those nearing 30 or have already hit that benchmark. Gawd. I know people must think we're never going to have kids or that I'll never go back to school. Well I don't know what to say about that. When it comes to those life changing decisions, I am a procrastinator. Yep, there I said it. My eggs will dry up and I'll die under educated. Who's with me!??! Ha ha. just kidding... again. Anyway thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It was really sweet of you to remember me.... or just get reminded on certain webpages. :) Thank you to Kathy and Jonathan who came over to help me celebrate and Peter who showed up and didn't know it was my birthday but stayed because I told him to. :) (because it was my birthday I was able to tell people what to do. Man I wish I had that power all the time!) Thanks Kathy for getting me the soon to be second season (after I exchange the first season) of SATC!! :) I had a good birthday. I'm so glad I took the day off and got to go shopping with all of the gift cards and coupons I received in the mail. Oh what fun! So until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, you're not going to die eggless and education-less. You're totally fine. I love you. You're only 28. ;)

Anonymous said...

you crack my shit up... when can we go see SATC again. i miss those girls already :(

Anonymous said...

ohhh yeah... I'm with Meredith. Encore!!!

Jamie said...

well if you girls weren't both going out of town this weekend!
:)

Anonymous said...

there's always next week!!!