Monday, June 9, 2008

Projects galore!

We have officially begun the list of projects we've want to tackle on our house. The progress has been pretty good so far. Our first was to take down a cabinet and replace it with two spotlights. The cabinet was completely obstructing the view from our kitchen to the living/family room so thankfully it was easy to take down... we actually did that the day we moved in. Awesome! So since then we put in the spotlights - along with a dimmer switch now I just need to sand it and paint it and it will look like it's been there forever.
So this is how it looked before:
And here is what we've done so far...

Now the next big task is tearing down our old nasty deck and building a new one. This might take a little longer than just installing a couple of lights... haha. Here is a shot before construction:

So we've had to do a lot of moving of plants to make this new deck possible. We're planning to extend it to the left end of the house. The picture above doesn't show them but there are about 20 kinds of plants that line our deck along with 2 trees. yikes. Of course I wanted to spare every single thing that I could so I took the liberty of MOVING EVERYTHING while Matt and his buddy and family worked on the deck. So while they did that I moved all the shrubs and two trees. Here is a look at some of progress or was it just making a mess???

Almost gone!

The Tree that I just HAD to save! at least I think it's a tree...

So the next task is to get the building permit for the deck and buy the supplies. Hopefully we can do that this evening actually. Oh how I love projects!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG that looks like craziness!!! Let Jonathan and I know if you need any help in the next couple weeks. Hooray for projects!!!