Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sorry folk's. Park's closed. The moose outside shoulda told ya.

I took the day off Monday so Matt, myself, and his sister Tiffany could spend the day at the new Zoombezi Bay (old Wyandot Lake). Tiff had free tickets so we decided to take her up on the offer. Well things happened and our plans fell through. So Matt and I thought, well we have the day off we might as well make the most of it! We decided to buy tickets to Kings Island. Neither of us had been to Kings Island for numerous years so why they heck not go now? Matt went to Kroger's and bought the tickets there for a much cheaper price then buying them at the gate. Sweet! Live like we're 18 again! Ride roller coasters and eat fair food all day! yay! Sounds great to me.

Later Sunday evening, after the tickets have already been bought of course, I go on the King's Island website to check out what time they open and if we can bring in coolers and things like that. There are no calendar's up (or any information for that matter) at the local Kroger's that state anything of question... So like I was saying I'm on the website checkin' things out and low and behold it says they are CLOSED this entire week! What?! Are you serious??? Right, ridiculous I KNOW! Just for curiosity's sake I check out Cedar Point... they're open the entire week... hmmm, what about Zoombezi Bay? Well they're open too!! At least we didn't pull a National Lampoon's Vacation to Walley World and drive all the way there to find out they were closed. Yeah that would've sucked.

Luckily, and thankfully, Tiffany had given us the Zoombezi Bay tickets anyway, by leaving them in our mailbox, so we were able to still enjoy one of the Ohio attractions. Because there are SO many!!! Zoombezi Bay was fun, the water slides are AWESOME, but honestly I think I would've rather been at Kings Island.

So Matt tried to return the tickets to Kings Island because really we don't have another good time to go. We made a trip back to Kroger's, they told us we would have to call Kings Island and mail in the tickets for a full refund. The supervisor ensured us that this has happened in the past and these are the steps we need to take. Ok, fair enough I guess. Matt gets on the horn only to be hung up on about 5 times by customer service rep after customer service rep strictly stating that they do not do refunds, meaning they don't give them and they just plain don't deal with them... which it states NO WHERE on the tickets that they are non-refundable. The only non-refundable statement they have is that they if the ticket is lost or stolen they will not refund your price. In the end Matt spoke with a manager that is apparently going to be sending us a statement that says Kroger is responsible for our refund. yeah whatever.... we'll see if we actually get it. Moral of the story? Don't buy amusement park tickets unless you are absolutely positive they are open! Who would've thought? A nice sunny day in August and they're closed. boo!

Good news is they're open this weekend - including Labor Day, so we might just be able to go after all! Hopefully it was all that trouble for nuthin'.... if we in fact do go. I hope it's as fun as I remember!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god that sucks ass!!! What a crock of dinosaur shit.