Friday, January 16, 2009

freezing!

Brrrr it's cold outside! Wait. It's cold INside! It is a whopping -8 degrees in Columbus right now. Those in southern parts of the globe - jealous aren't you!? I'm not one to complain (haha!!!) about the weather but there's something to be said when the dogs won't go outside to do their business and the front door has such a draft I shiver every time I walk by it. To add to that, I had a nice run in with the driveway this morning while taking out the trash. Yes, I fell flat on my ass. Hmmm, you'd think I'd learn my lesson as this not the first time this has happened. No wearing heals while walking down our driveway! You never really notice the slight slope it has until you have to shovel it... or walk on for that matter. Ugh, I can't wait for Spring.

Oh and can I just say I still have not taken down our Christmas lights from outside because of this dang 'freeze wave' we're having. I haven't turned them on but they are definitely still out there... buried underneath the snow.

Don't you just feel like you're in the same old routine when it's icy cold outside and you don't want to go anywhere? Matt and I ventured out to Starbucks last night, thinking we'll have something warm to drink along with dessert and hopefully heat up a little bit - because we keep our house at whopping 65 degrees. Oh were we wrong. The entire front door and windows were completely iced over! It looked like we were entering an ice cave. The staff was freezing and we didn't even take our coats off. I think it was colder than our house so we stayed max 30 minutes. That didn't work out so well!

The only thing good about this weather... is... well... you tell me?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Why are YOU taking out the trash? And why doesn't Matt take down the Christmas lights?? :))

Anonymous said...

good things about this weather - YOU HAVE A FIREPLACE!!!