Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Year Yo.
This was actually a picture from last New Year's Eve, but I couldn't resist putting it up because it's just funny to me. Seriously, what the heck kind of face is that???

So this is me... one year later. Well for one thing I have shorter hair... although sometimes I could just cry to have my long hair back. You always want what you can't have, right?

So 2009, hmm what do I hope to achieve or accomplish this year? Before I go into that I have to talk about Christmas...

I will say Christmas is much more enjoyable when there are little kiddies around. The things they say and do are just priceless. This year we had our neice Lauren to 'entertain' us. She doesn't say much, as she isn't yet one year old, but she was definitely the entertainment of the day.

Isn't she sweet?

There aren't many little kids in the family but we also got to enjoy Matt's cousins kids, Lauren - popular name!, and Evan.

It was just a wonderful time to spend with our family. It so nice to see family who live out of town, I swear one of these days we'll travel the distance to see them... I was able to catch up my girlfriend Angie who lives out of town, we had a wonderful time at dinner just talking and talking and talking. I really miss that girl and wish lived lived closer. Kathy, Nikki, and I had our annual gift exchange as well, which I always look forward to! We watched our favorite holiday movie, It's a Wonderful Life... always a Christmas tradition between Matt and I. Saturday after Christmas was the the best shopping day ever. Matt, my Mom and I went to IKEA! I freaking LOVE that store. They have the best home decor/goods stuff for super duper cheap. I've already got my next trip planned... :)

New Year's Eve was spent with our good friends Shawn and Meredith Andrews along with some other fancy frun people we don't get to see very often. We enjoyed catching up with everyone as well as partaking is some delicious vino and games! We played Apples to Apples, a fav of Matt and I, and Taboo, which is always a hoot. Midnight struck and soon after we were headed home.

So what do I wish to acheive in 2009? One thing is I want to be more patient. Life flies to fast as it is, I just want to enjoy it. I'm tired of worrying about things and stressing about certain things to happen. I need to accept things as they are and not let my worries consume my every thought. With that said.... here's to 2009, may we be blessed with good fortune, family, and friends.

No comments: