Thursday, February 7, 2008

updates

Job
I had a little meeting with my boss last Friday and she expressed that she was very sorry that I have not had enough to do at work. She has so many projects going on right now and although she would love my help with them she can't seem to find the time to include me in on them just yet. So she thought it would be best for me to work directly with our systems analyst in our department. She feels I would benefit from working directly from her because she has been working in this department for 20 years and has a ton of projects to do and thinks she can keep me busy. This change is completely fine with me. I've already gotten a couple of projects started and we're meeting today to discuss another one in the works. I think it will be a positive change.... plus she's really nice and we get along great so that makes things even better. :)

Home
So I've started the job of de-cluttering our house and let me say it's going to take a while..... I've cleaned out my old wedding stuff that I don't want/need anymore such as the pew bows that I mentioned before and some lingering centerpieces that I held on to for memories sake. I also organized my scrap book and photo album stuff that was sprawled all over the place within the basement cabinets. I thought I was on a roll until I took a look at the other half of our basement which is unfinished. OMG. Well I managed to put all of our painting supplies in a box and I organized all of my gift wrapping stuff in a box as well. I had stuff piled on top of our deep freezer down there as well so I cleaned that off and put things away. Overall it was pretty productive. So that was on Monday (I think?) last night I thought I'd take a look at the junk in our spare bedroom's closet. Currently it holds the following: my wedding dress (in a box), our card box (from our wedding), all of our luggage (several pieces), extra pillows and blankets, a lamp, old prom dresses and buisness suits, Matt's old cap and gown from graduation, a very funky flower vase (that I can't stand) and finally tons of books and old class papers. Now this closet has always been busting at the seams and I don't know why I haven't cleaned it before. Actually no I know, because I thought I was being clean by hiding it in the closet! ha! Well I took everything and am going to recycle the school books (because they're over 5 years old and no classroom is going to be using them now) and old papers (tons!) then I'm going to donate the prom dresses to my Mom's church (still waiting on you mom! :) haha.) and we use the luggage so I'm going to have to hang on to that stuff. The lamp I've had since God knows when so I'm definitely going to get rid of that. So overall progress is being made!

Babies
NO not my own, but here's a CUTE picture of Lauren (who was born on January 16th) Isn't she adorable?!

Friends
Kathy and I are heading up to Cleveland this weekend! Yay! I plan on taking some fun pic's to post so watch out! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to Half price books? If you are, let me know - I might take the liberty of cleaning out my CD collection and books. ;)