Monday, April 7, 2008

Put The Credit Card Away!

Buy Nothing Challenge - April 2008 Matt and I have decided to buy nothing for the entire month of April. It's a challenge I just saw that he got off another fellow blogger. It's not that we're going to not buy anything at all, of course we'll still need groceries and gas for our cars and things like that, it's just the extras. Since we're moving in less than a month we thought it would be best to save all of our spendings on things we really want for the new house next month. So far I've not bought anything other than groceries, food (Panera), and I bought a bridal shower gift from Matt's stepsister (which I guess that was my splurge since I really shouldn't have bought anything!). Grant it it's only been 6 days but it's a start!

So if you do happen to read my blog I challenge YOU to take the challenge with me. I know it's already the 7th of April - so you got off free for the first 7 days basically - now stop spending! It's all about reducing frivolous spending! - Something everyone could benefit from... think how much you could save!!! That means no makeup, clothes, tools, flowers, gadgets, nothing that you absolutely don't need. I'll update on my progress... please update me if you decide to take the challenge as well! :) Come on.... I know you can do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA!!! I'm going to be spending my weekend in Minneapolis, site of the much known and beloved Mall of America. Minneapolis also has no sales tax. Of course I will be taking advantage of this. Maybe I'll take your challenge NEXT month. mwah ha ha ha ha!!!