Friday, April 4, 2008

I was talking to my good friend Timara the other day and I just have to say how inspiring she is! She makes me want to do more with my life if I could just get off my duff and do it. We were getting caught up on our lives because he hadn't talked in oh so long and seriously can I just say the girl's amazing. She's been through it all.... she's been to I think 4 different colleges - all in different states - to become an intensive care nurse, she's also a traveling nurse at that. She's in the Army reserve and currently teaching a class for the next two weeks for the them in Pennsylvania. She's lived in Texas, Maryland, North Carolina, Conneticut, Pennsylvania, West Virgina, and Ohio... I think that's all of them, I may have missed some. Anyway she always has a ton of stuff to catch me up on when we finally get a hold of each other. Of course she's going to be in Hondoras for 2 weeks end of April then she's going to have to choose another destination for her next nursing assignment so it may be a while before we talk again.... man, what a life!

It makes me think about all of my friends and about what they are doing with their lives. All of them are so different and special and unique in their own amazing way. Some are having babies, going back to school, making their dreams come true, working their tail off, getting married, moving, going on vacation, changing careers..... all very exciting.

So back to being all inspired and stuff.... I've been toying with the idea of going back to school for a LONG time now. I just don't know if I can go through that all over again is the thing. Seriously I hated it the first time through why would I want to go through that again? Well first of all I would love to have a successful career in which I make tons of money (haha) and am challenged daily about things I love to do. Having an associate's degree, to me, feels basically that I only made it half way. I want that bachelor's degree but, go figure, I don't want to work for it. I remember having the hardest time in math class.... ugh I just cringe to think about it. I don't know how Valerie - another good friend of mine- does it! She works full time and goes to school in the evening and/or Saturdays. Saturdays? Are you kidding me? So that's the thing maybe I'm just not ready. I think I've checked out every College/University in central Ohio for the miracle program where I can go to school for a mere 6 months or so and voila have my bachelor's degree. I haven't found that miracle school yet. When Matt went back to school for his masters, I won't lie, it was hell. Mostly for him but for me too because he was gone A LOT, either studying, going to class, traveling for class, attending group projects.... I felt like we never saw each other. But then he finished and I know he's so glad he went back and did it, and I'm so proud of him for doing it too. Punk - does whatever he puts his mind to. ;) Someday I know I will go back to school (I'm not getting any younger!!!!). I know it is meant to be.... I just can't seem to decide when.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

There's no time like the present! :) I went back for my masters and it was difficult, but worth it. Do it now! You'll feel so proud and accomplished when it's over. Also - it's much different in older years. Take online courses and things you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of not knowing what you're supposed to do! I hate it, but you could do what I'm doing - go to a career counselor, and sort of get your desires out there. Maybe you just need someone to help you pinpoint your most fulfilling career goal, so at least you can get started somewhere! I asked for more information from OSU this week about their Massage Therapy program. ;)