Tuesday, June 17, 2008

just chatting away...

Sometimes I wish I could just live in the moment and quit wishing my life away. If something exciting is coming up in my life I just wish it could be here sooner, then it happens so fast I hardly get to enjoy it! That's how life is though and sometimes I can't wait for things to happen and sometimes the waiting is just too much then I stress out because I'm afraid something will go wrong once it does finally happen. Like for instance this morning when waking up to go to work, I was SO tired I seriously couldn't wait to crawl back into bed tonight so I can go back to sleep! Now that I'm up, awake, had my daily java, and am sitting here at work (supposed to be working!), I feel much better and am looking forward to whatever the day brings me.... at least the part after work that is. :)

Matt and I took a long walk with the dogs last night and it was wonderful. We walked up to Olde downtown Worthington and sat outside at La Chatelaine and enjoyed a cold beverage and enjoyed the weather. The dogs were quite good actually, considering there were lots of people out also enjoying the weather. (usually they're a little feisty with other people) There was a group of 4 (older) ladies sitting at the table beside us enjoying their company, talking, drinking, whatever, and I thought, I can't wait until I'm old enough to retire and don't have to work anymore and can go out with my girlfriends on a Monday night and not care how late I stay out because I don't have to work the next day! ha!

I think our (Matt and I) relationship is being put to the test lately... or something like that. We've had a lot going on lately that has been very stressful and tiring. Without going into the bulk of it we were talking last night about how happy we are to know we're in this together and we know what we want in life and we're on the same page. Even though things don't always happen the way we want them to we can make it through. Sometimes I'm just amazed at how strong our relationship is. When he has to stay overnight in some other city and I have to sleep alone I hate it. I have weird dreams and wake up multiple times a night. Maybe I rely on him too much? I'm not sure. I just feel better when he's there. Now I wouldn't say that our relationship is in any way perfect but I'm happy with where it is and where it's going...

Father's Day - it may seem wrong to say this but, seriously what is with these stupid holidays? I mean, yes I love my Dad's and I want to show them that I appreciate them (as well as my Mom's) but do we need a 'holiday' just for that reason??? I hope my Mother's and Father's and Grandparents and Boss's and Flag's and Valentine and Veterans and Irish people all know that I appreciate them and that we really don't need a special 'day' in order to just give them presents and make special arrangements to praise them. I'm sure I would feel different about such holidays if I were a Mother or Veteran or Boss for that matter but I just don't see the point in these Hallmark occasions. If you love the idea of these holidays I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. :)

We finally got our deck permit. YAHOO! Matt went to Home Depot and ordered all of the supplies/material for it. FYI - we decided to go with a trex (fake wood) deck instead of a brick patio. I nearly died when I saw how much the darn thing is going to cost us but have been reassured that it will be worth it in the end. No warping, no staining, no nail holes, no splinters, etc... We hope to be getting all of the material within the next 2 weeks. So HOPEFULLY we'll be able to enjoy it before summer is over!

In other news I'm really worried about Matt's grandma. The poor lady has had a rough year so far. Well actually it all started in December when her husband died of cancer about 3 weeks before Christmas. It was SO sad and she's been mourning his death ever since. Well since then she's had to put her dog, whose been around for many years, to sleep but she got a puppy in the meantime so that kind of made up for losing her other dog. Well she called Matt yesterday and said that Dottie- the puppy, ate something that has obstructed her bowels and they could do surgery but there's no guarantee that she will survive. So with great sadness she had to put Dottie to sleep. I feel TERRIBLE for her. We offered to come over last night (or have her over to our house) and bring dinner but she wasn't up for company. She is just having the worst year ever. I really hope things turn around for her because she deserves to be happy! I can only imagine how she feels. I would be CRUSHED if something ever happened to Bruiser or Cricket! I can't even think about without tearing up! I just don't know what to do... I'm going to send her a card expressing that we love her and would love to get together for dinner whenever she's ready. I hope she pulls through this and is able to look forward and not dwell on the past hardships she's had to endure. I can only hope and pray that this too shall pass.

So that's what's going on in my life right now... how 'bout you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG HUGE hugs for matt's grandma. I love being a part of your life and knowing you and Matt have a great relationship - it's one of those relationships I look at and go, "I want one like that!". :) You two are an inspiration. Truly. I can't wait to help you out with your deck. Let's have girl talk tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl! i am so sorry to hear about matt's grandma! how horrible. it's so sweet of you to send her a sympathy card letting her know that you & matt are always and will always be there for her!
i couldn't agree more with kathy's comment!! you and matt have an awesome relationship! you know the true balance of a good relationship. meaning, you enjoy your time together, together with friends and family, alone, with your girlfriends, with his buddies! it all works so well! for someone newly married, you two are truly an inspiration to me! and i am so proud to share such a special day with you guys - our wedding anniversary!! it's luck & fate all tied in together :)
love you!