Monday, November 24, 2008

catch up

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! Well let's see what have I been up to...

Last week I was in Wisconsin for work. I had to sit through hours and hours of training for a system we are purchasing. It was soooooo boring and very long. Now I have to complete a huge certification project and test. It's so much information! Note to self - must begin studying asap. I am very happy to be home after the long week away. I'm totally sick of dining out and was totally ready for a home cooked meal and some major vegging around the house over the weekend. I swear I didn't sleep at all last week! I was dying for my own bed and pillow and was so happy to see Ohio! That doesn't happen very often!

Friday I walked in the door shortly before midnight - flight was delayed! - so that day was a bust. Saturday we went down to OSU to do some tailgating and then go to the OSU/Michigan game. Boy was it FREEZING! Thankfully we were kicking some major Michigan tail so Matt and I opted to leave the game early to race to the car and warm up, plus we were starving. Yeah, so not like us. Usually Matt likes to stay until the very end of everything... yes even the singing of the Alma Mater.

Sunday we were cooking fools all day due to my Mom's side of the family coming over for an early Thanksgiving dinner. We'll have to make plans with my Dad's side sometime next week as we are heading to North Carolina tomorrow! Oh how I love Thanksgiving. While in Wisconsin, everyone had to state their name, organization, title, then favorite Thanksgiving dish, as a way to introduce ourselves. I could never pick just one! I would happily eat turkey, corn casserole, cranberry sauce - only from the can!, green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes everyday. Thankfully I don't or I would be as big as a house.

Anyway, so yes we are going to North Carolina to visit Matt's parents for Thanksgiving. I'm SO looking forward to it. It's so relaxed there. I don't have to do a thing and I've got the beach right across the street. What more could you want? We might do some golfing, lots of walks on the beach, lots of eating, and just relaxing. It can't get any better than that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you in so long! I miss you! Have fun in NC!!!