Sunday, November 30, 2008
ready to come home
Today I slept in... until 9:30. OMG I know! I'm so lazy... or at least my husband thinks so. He does not make sense to me. I get up on a regular day, somewhere around 6:15/6:30 and leave for work about 25 minutes later. He usually is not even awake to the world when I leave, but when we're on 'vacation' he'll be up before day break everyday. This makes no sense to me. I, on the other hand, could sleep until 10:00 everyday. I have to force myself to, really, but I could do it.
We've been in North Carolina since early Wednesday morning - around 2am to be exact. We have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It's been wonderful and ridiculous at the same time. Wonderful in the fact that we've been relaxing to the max, ridiculous that we've been relaxing to the max. I seriously think about all of the things I could be doing at home on this long holiday weekend. The weather I can definitely do without (at home that is) but the chores have to be done! I haven't been homes since Tuesday morning! I just have a need to DO something. Why is that so? I really can't just relax for days and days at a time. Thankfully we've gone golfing, lots of long walks on the beach, some shopping, ate lots of food, and watched lots of movies. Overall it's been a great trip. BUT, I miss my friends. I miss my family. It's strange, we come down here to this wonderful house in Carolina Beach and have a wonderfully relaxed time with Matt's parent's friends and family but I miss my home. I miss being able to just call up a girlfriend and make plans instantly. You can't do that if you live far away. I love it down here, and sometimes feel like I would LOVE to move down here... and I'm sure I could do it. But I would really miss my friends and family.
Anyway It's been a wonderful trip and I'm so glad we've been able to spend this time with Matt's parents. I do miss them so!
On the other hand I'll be happy to have my regular normal old life back. :) haha. Strange how that works eh? Although I'm so glad I have finally finished the book I've been ready for what feels like forever, Jane Eyre. Thank God it's over! Thanks Val for letting me borrow it, but man it was so boring! Good story, just too much extra. Extra description - big time. Now I'm off to read 'Enlightment for Idiots', I know, how awesome does that sound?! I could definitely use some enlightening. :) I'll let you know if I feel enlightened...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an awesome time!!! I love doing nothing for days on end!!! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hurry up and come home!!! I miss you!
haha! I agree with you about Jane Eyre. I liked it because it was a classic, but way too much detail in the middle of the book. I need to have an evening with my Jamie. Can we get together and drink some wine please??
Post a Comment